- Do you still have your badge holder? It makes a great "press pass" for your students. Just make and insert your own badge into the plastic pocket. Try BigHugeLab's Badge Maker for a fun project.
- Did you get "freebies" that you really don't need? Re-gifting is totally OK. Kids, and teachers, love to get stuff. So, give away your things, and share the wealth.
- Did you get papers that you don't need? Don't throw them away, use the backs for scrap paper, or post the info. in your faculty lounge to share with colleagues.
- Make sure if you are sharing all that great information with colleague that you make use of all the paperless resources we have. Many presenters have their information posted to the PETE&C Ning. No need to print things out. Just direct colleagues to the site. Or connect to their links and start your own resource site, either on your own school web site or perhaps on a free wikispaces.
- It's too late for this conference, but as a note for the next conference, don't forget to bring your reusable coffee and water bottles. No need to create trash just because you are away for a few days. Just make sure you have a backpack with a side pocket, and you'll be good to go!
- Did you get packets of information or product flyers in folders? Don't need the folders anymore? Reuse them in your classroom.
- Did you get schedules of events, program books, advertisements? Use them to plan training in your district. They can remind you of some topics that you might be able to present yourself and that others in your district would enjoy hearing about.
image obtained with permission from http://www.flickr.com/photos/colleen-lane/4399378949/